This summer saw new codes of practice to RIPA. The changes will have an impact both operationally and corporately and will impact on policy and procedures.
This half day training will provide delegates with the required knowledge of the changes and where they may impact on procedure. It will also demonstrate that the delegates are fully up to date with the procedural legislation for continual professional development.
The RIPA changes will impact corporately and will also effect the Policy which will need amending. This session will cover all the necessary areas and how they impact on the operational part of RIPA. A management of the data will need to be implemented corporately and operationally. The consequences are greater under this current guidance due to the changes in what is an error and the types of errors.
RIPA TOPICS COVERED
- Implications on the SRO role
- Changes to errors, what is an authority now expected to have in place
- The Policy changes which may need to be made
- The crossover with the codes and other codes of practice such as CCTV and ANPR
- Changes to private information and how this impacts on internet investigation or research
- The considerable changes and information on internet research & impact on potential errors
- Use of drones
- What is required when to completing the application to present it in a fair and balanced way
- The extensive new information and requirements (safeguards) for managing the material obtained
- AO’s role in managing the material
- Implications for the information governance corporately
- Issues with safeguarding the material and errors
- New requirements when working with third parties
- Any other areas that the delegates feel they need clarified or understanding