This course will acquaint staff with requirements needed for presentation of evidence and facts contained within witness statements at criminal court
- Codes of Practice content including relevant roles and responsibilities
- Authorisations, notices and schedule forms
- What data can be obtained under which section of the legislation?
- Network and phone technology
- What data is held by the service providers including Royal Mail etc.?
- Identifying objectives with regard to communications data, what do you want & why?
- Completing the application and schedule for
- Provenance of the intelligence
- Relevant time periods
- Assessing the application form ( Necessity, Proportionality & Collateral Intrusion)
- Responsibilities once the data is obtained
- Identifying evidential and intelligence material from the acquired data
- Use of open source research to obtain communications data
- Profiling phone records (bills) including pre- pay, to identify users
- Dealing with excess data
- DPA & implications under CPIA (Disclosure)
- Reporting errors & oversight and inspection
- Statements including ‘Springsteen’ statements
- Where is it currently going wrong?