This popular workshop explains how permitted development works, the operation of Article 4 directions and Local/Neighbourhood Development Orders, and how to interpret and apply the classes of permitted development. It has a particular focus on the change of use classes and handling the wide range of Prior Approval Notifications that now exist. The aim of the workshop is to help participants develop the knowledge and confidence essential in dealing with this complex aspect of development.
Specific aspects covered include:
- The definition of development and statutory inclusions and exclusions
- The concept of permitted development
- Working with the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 2015: useful definitions and some key Articles and Classes such as householder and minor developments
- Part 3: material changes of use and Part 4: temporary use
- Processing prior approval notifications; statutory consultations, impact criteria, decision options, and appeal procedures
- How best to handle enquiries about permitted development.