This course will provide delegates with the knowledge and ability to recognise and comply with the current RIPA requirements.
- Overview of Corporate responsibility.
- Roles & responsibilities.
- Current inspection issues.
- What constitutes surveillance, Directed Surveillance, and Intrusive Surveillance?
- Private information and collateral intrusion, what is it and the impact on proportionality?
- Non RIPA Surveillance, categories and expectations.
- CCTV issues.
- Necessity and proportionality.
- Equipment, noise machines, what are the responsibilities and requirements, impact on proportionality.
- Covert Human Intelligence Sources (CHIS) identifying when someone is a CHIS.
- People who provide repeat information.
- Test purchases.
- Internet online enquiries.
- Is it routine, RIPA or non RIPA?
- How to manage?
- Inspectors’ expectations.
- Application procedure through to cancellation.
- Completing the forms, the requirements.
- Safeguarding the RIPA product – what is expected.